Slow cooker Thai Beef Curry
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil X 2
- 1.3 kg diced grass fed beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1x 400gm tin coconut milk (full fat) read ingredients list and make sure it is just coconut
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup Thai red curry paste ( sugar free)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (sugar free, I use Pandaroo)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice ( second time I made it with lemon juice as I forgot the Lime)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
Heat 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, brown the meat on all sides.
transfer each batch of browned meat directly to the slow cooker, then continue browning the remaing meat.
add the remaining 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Saute the onion, garlic, and ginger over medium high heat for 5 minutes.
Pour in the coconut milk and stir continuously to release the browned bits on the bottom of the pan.
Add the tomato paste, curry paste, fish sauce, lime juice, and salt, then pour the mixture over the beef in the slow cooker.
Cook on high for 5 hours or low for 8 hours.
I double or triple this recipe as it makes a great freezer meal.
I pre-cook this then add it to the sauce to heat through just before serving.
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups julienned carrots
- 1 red capsicum
- 4 sticks of celery
You can use any stir-fry veg you have or like.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, Stir-fry veg until cooked to your liking.
Add veg to the meat sauce to heat though just before serving
Serve with cauliflower rice