I’m asked all the time what the hell are you drinking in those jars….
My boys call them my pee jars.
Well no it’s not pee it’s my tea.
Lemon, fresh ginger and turmeric tea. In a 1 lt jar add 1/2 a lemon, 1 – 2 tsp of fresh ginger and 1/4 tsp turmeric and a twist of cracked pepper. Cover with just enough boiling water, let sit over night…. In the morning squeeze the lemon and top up with boiling water. I prep 3-4 jars. Sooooo many health benefits of this tea but it also is a beautiful tea.
Health benefits of lemon.
- excellent and rich source of vitamin C, an essential nutrient that protects the body against immune system deficiencies
- contain pectin fiber which is very beneficial for colon health and also serves as a powerful antibacterial
- It balances maintain the pH levels in the body
- Having warm lemon juice early in the morning helps flush out toxins
- It aids digestion and encourages the production of bile
- It is also a great source citric acid, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium
- It helps prevent the growth and multiplication of pathogenic bacteria that cause infections and diseases
- It helps reducing pain and inflammation in joints and knees as it dissolves uric acid
- It helps cure the common cold
- The potassium content in lemon helps nourish brain and nerve cells
- It strengthens the liver by providing energy to the liver enzymes when they are too dilute
- It helps balance the calcium and oxygen levels in the liver In case of a heart burn, taking a glass of concentrated lemon juice can give relief
- It is of immense benefit to the skin and it prevents the formation of wrinkles and acne
- It helps maintain the health of the eyes and helps fight against eye problems
- Aids in the production of digestive juices
- Lemon juice helps replenish body salts especially after a strenuous workout session
Health benefits of Ginger.
- Maintains Normal Blood Circulation. Ginger contains chromium, magnesium and zinc which can help to improve blood flow, as well as help prevent chills, fever, and excessive sweat.
- Remedies Motion Sickness. Ginger is a known effective remedy for the nausea associated with motion sickness.
- Improves absorption. Ginger improves the absorption and stimulation of essential nutrients in the body. It does this by stimulating gastric and pancreatic enzyme secretion.
- Cold and Flu Prevention. Ginger has been used for thousands of years as a natural treatment for colds and flu.
- Combats Stomach Discomfort. Ginger is ideal in assisting digestion, thereby improving food absorption and avoiding possible stomach ache. Ginger appears to reduce inflammation in a similar way to aspirin and ibuprofen.
- Reduce Pain and Inflammation. Ginger contains some of the most potent anti-inflammatory fighting substances known and is a natural powerful painkiller.
- Fights Common Respiratory Problems.
- Strengthens Immunity. Ginger helps improve the immune system. Consuming a little bit ginger a day can help foil potential risk of a stroke by inhibiting fatty deposits from the arteries. It also decreases bacterial infections in the stomach, and helps battle a bad cough and throat irritation.
- Combats Morning Sickness.
Health benefits of Turmeric
- Reduces inflammation in arthritis, gout and asthma.
- Natrural antibiotic, antiseptic and analgesic.
- Liver cleansing
- Detoxifies the kidneys
- Metabolism booster
- Speeds up wound healing
- Improves digestion
- Prevents gas and bloating
- Purifies the blood
- Manages cholesterol levels
- Heals stomach ulcers
- Prevents progression of mental diseases