Apple Tea cake
This is my boys new favorite cake….
Served with coconut yogurt
Even though this is a healthy option, this is still a sometimes treat, not an everyday snack.
1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/4 cup coconut oil. Melted
2 tbsp honey
1 cup almond meal
3/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
4 lg eggs
1/2 cup of coconut milk or milk of choice
3 tbsp of coconut oil melted
2 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 lg Granny Smith Apple,
- Preheat the oven to 180° C. Line the bottom of a 9-inch round cake pan with greaseproof paper. Lightly grease the paper and sides of the pan with coconut oil
- Combine the topping ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Peel, core, and chop the apple, then set aside. Most time i don’t even peel the apple.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt until there are no lumps.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk.
- Add the egg/milk mixture, coconut oil, honey, and vanilla to the dry ingredients. Beat until well combined. (It will be fairly thick.)
- Stir in the chopped apple.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the cake pan and then spread the topping over it evenly. Bake for 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin for around 10 minutes before turning out.
- serve with coconut yogurt